We hope your summer is off to a fantastic start! PLEASE do not let your instrument sit around. Our goal for August is to pick up where we left off at the end of last year, not start over. Here are some suggestions to stay motivated:
1. Private lessons! Even a handful can keep your skills up. Email a director for the private teacher list.
2. String camp: It isn't too late to register for string camp. Lots of Dickerson musicians are attending Upbeat! East Cobb camp. Looking forward to seeing you there!
4. Visit a local music shop for music books: Music and Arts tends to carry a lot of pop music books.
5. Get together with friends and make some music! Order small ensemble books, pull out old music, just have a jam sesh. You can always google or use IMSLP to find some fun tunes.
6. Get inspired! Check out Youtube videos from our old orchestra concerts, popular string artists like Lindsey Stirling, the Piano Guys, Time for Three, 2 Cellos, Yo Yo Ma, Joshua Bell, Hilary Hahn-just to name a few!
7. Check out the upcoming Atlanta Symphony Orchestra season and plan to attend a concert. They have a handful of movie music concerts this year that look awesome too!